Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Broiled Cajun-Spiced Chicken

OK, so this was my first real "What've we got?" meal.  My roommate had some boil-in-the-bag rice (not my first choice, but he wanted to contribute, so household politics trumped gormandizing), and there were some frozen veggies -- snow peas, carrots, and cauliflower -- in the freezer. 

This left the meat to figure out.  I was going to the store anyway to get a gallon of cider, since we're having a very welcome cold snap here, and what could be better than hot cider?  So, I picked up a couple of chicken breasts, which I rubbed down with cajun spices and broiled in the oven for about 12 minutes.

The meal came out all right, given the pre-fab ingredients.  The chicken was pretty juicy, except for the very thin bits at the ends, which got a bit tough.  Next time, I'll break out the rice maker, though!

No comments: