Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pork Chops w/ Caramelized Onions and Spinach

I had three medium-sized onions that needed to be eaten, and my wife (who is pig-tose intolerant) is at work today.  These conditions led to this recipe.

My wife has made a couple of tasty recipes over the years that involved caramelized onions.  She doesn't do it very often though, so I figured I ought to lean to make them.  I see why she doesn't make them very often.  They're not terribly difficult, but they take a fair amount of time and attention.  The result is so worth it, though.

The spinach was my usual saute-with-garlic recipe, but I wanted to put a little twist on it, so I spooned on a little blue cheese after plating.  I think goat cheese would have complemented the pork and onions a little better, but there was none to be had.

The whole thing came out well, and was nicely complemented by the red zinfandel that my roommate provided.

No comments: