Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pumpkin Waffles

My wife is very fond of pumpkin.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin latte, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin risotto, you name it.  So this morning she wanted Pumpkin waffles.  Now, I've never made waffles, aside from assisting my dad, so this is more than a little intimidating.  Nevertheless, i do like to spoil my wife, so after a little searching, I turned up this recipe.  They turned out pretty well, although it took some experimenting to get the cook time right.  Turns out that between 5:00 and 5:30 produces a nice crisp waffle, without burning.

2 comments:

Lab Boy said...

He's ALLIIIVVVEEE!

Also, those sound good. With pure maple syrup and butter. Ooh! Pecans, too!

Tappet said...

Yeah, haven't posted in a while, mostly because I haven't done anything really new in the kitchen. To busy with work and getting settled into the new house.

Real maple syrup is the best thing ever for waffles and pancakes, sure enough.