For my first attempt at braising, I tried this recipe. I used my cast iron dutch oven, because it has a lot less volume than the non-stick one I got for Christmas, so I figured that would provide better liquid-to-meat contact. It came out well, and turned out to go well with leftover potato glue. One thing that I noticed, though, was that it dried out pretty quickly once sliced. Fortunately, the sauce corrected that problem pretty well. I tried to use my digital thermometer to tell when it was done, but it never read above 111 degrees. The meat definitely cooked, so I'm not sure if there was a problem with the thermometer, or if there was some other cause. I didn't think to check with an instant-read thermometer. Next time, I'll have to do that.