Sunday, December 7, 2008

Molasses Cookies

It's the holiday season, and that means cookies!

This evening I tried a molasses cutout cookie recipe that I found in the local paper.  Every year our paper runs a feature of reader-submitted holiday cookies, and this year it had a bunch of things that sounded good.  This was our house's first foray into cookies for the year, and so far, it promises to be a merry Christmas, indeed!

The cookies are kind of ginger-snappy in their flavor, but with a distinct molasses flavor backing them up.  I frosted most of them with a simple vanilla sugar frosting, but my wife insisted that I leave a few of them plain, because she likes them on their own.

One mistake, I crowded my cookie sheet a little, so a few of them a a little rough around the edges where they expanded into one another.  Next time, I'll use two sheets.

No comments: