Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stir-fry efforts

I've been struggling with this stir-fry thing of late.  Seems like I end up with too much flavor or too little.  On one end of that spectrum, I made some ginger-garlic beef, from a recipe in the stir-fry book I got a week or so ago.  The recipe called for 3/4 of a cup of soy sauce, and was just plain too salty.  On the other end, I've made a couple of chicken recipes in the past week, and I can't seem to get much flavor into the chicken itself.  Is there something basic that I'm missing?  Do I need to marinade the chicken for a longer period of time?  I'm stuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never really tried using a marinade, as such. You might get more flavor using straight teriyaki with some seasoning. I think it absorbs a bit better, and you can thicken it up with corn starch afterward.

I normally use a roughly half-and-half mix of pineapple juice and teriyaki with a little Worcestshire, ginger, and garlic thrown in.